The ST31 is a tutorial kit for HART transmitter developers and users
The ST31 comprises a PC program, providing the human interface and a DIN rail mounted module (T310). A Modbus instrument can be connected to T310 to allow the Modbus instrument to communicate on a HART line.
ST31 is a tool suited for learning the HART protocol and to provide guidance for an instrument vendor that shall specify HART functionality in own products.
The Starter kit Master software is the SW02, running under any version of Windows. The kit may contain one, five or ten gateways. The software will instruct the user in how to use the HART protocol and commands. The user learns about the functionality provided by the HART Universal and Common Practice commands through extensive “help” menus.
The software functionality exceeds the Universal and Common Practice commands defined by HART. Device specific commands are utilized. These allow a vendor to fully exploit the HART protocol by adding functionality and thus get an idea of implementation opportunities.
The T310 is a DIN rail mounted module. It supports the Modbus protocol for communication with the instrument. The Modbus communication needs to be configured to allow T310 to fetch the Primary Variable and the Device Status from the correct registers within the instrument.
ST31 requires a HART modem. This may be ordered as an option to the ST31.
ST31 is a tool for HART slave device developers and for later use in connection with factory configuration of the developed device.
- Modbus channel for reading the PV
- Modbus channel for reading Range values
- Modbus channel for reading Device status
- Configuration of Modbus interface for the specific Modbus device
- Starter kit options:
- ST31.1: One T310 and the Windows Master program, SW02
- ST31.2: Five T310s including SW02
- ST31.3: Ten T310s including SW02
- The Starter kits allow a fast and direct route to field trials and market-ready HART products.