ST51 is a tutorial kit for Profibus PA transmitter developers and users. It comprises a PC program, providing the human interface and a DIN rail mounted Profibus PA gateway, the T510. A Modbus RTU instrument is connected directly to the T510. By using the PROFITool, delivered by Fint, the user can configure the T510 to communicate with any register in the Modbus instrument.
The ST51 is a tool suited for learning the Profibus protocol and to provide guidance for an instrument vendor that shall specify Profibus functionality in own products.
The Starter kit comes with the PROFITool, Master Class 1 and Class 2 software. In addition to the Master applications, the kit contains a Profibus protocol DLL, the FNL Fieldbus Link (enabling connectivity between the PC Master and Profibus DP) and the Segment coupler (enabling connectivity between Profibus PA and Profibus DP). The software will instruct the user in how to use the ProfiIbus protocol, the PA profiles, the Function Blocks and the Transducer Blocks.
- Modbus Master functionality
- Can communicate with up to 4 Modbus slaves
- Wide range of Profibus configurations possible
- Transfers dynamic data in both directions.
- The Starter kit allows a fast and direct route to field trials and market-ready Profibus products.